(202) 341-9667 • firstname.lastname@example.org
1139 NW Market St, Apt 207N, Seattle, WA 98017
Design and user researcher, focused on putting users first and creating enjoyable products.
APR 2017 - PRESENT
- Partner with multiple Azure-related product teams (PowerApps, PowerBI, Flow, Stream) through various qualitative research methods, including moderated and unmoderated remote usability studies, heuristic reviews, benchmark studies and surveys
- Leverage research findings to offer actionable recommendations for product features, and drive the impact and adoption of research recommendations to improve usability
- Partner with product designers and managers to help guide product development based on user insights and usability heuristics
- Research lead for the unified design system team that provided guidance to designers and developers across Azure-related products
Design & UX Researcher
Feb 2016 - Feb 2017
- Collaborated with product managers, designers, and creative directors
to conduct evaluative and generative research on products from various business units
- Conducted heuristic reviews, competitive analyses and various qualitative research methods to present insights to improve the product’s user experience
- Presented research insights to product team in various formats: working sessions to formal presentations
Philadelphia & Washington, DC
Recruiting & HR
2006 – 2016
- Managed talent acquisition for the following organizations: Corporate Executive Board, Philadelphia Education Fund, LivingSocial and Monetate.
- Led full lifecycle recruitment for technical, non-technical, and executive roles, responsible for consistently meeting hiring goals, partnering with hiring managers to meet key hiring objectives, and creating an excellent candidate experience that attracted key talent.
- Designed and implemented new hire onboarding to help provide a welcoming and educational experience for new employees, and an organized and systematic approach for hiring managers.
- Usability studies
- Contextual inquiry
- Card sorting
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON | Certificate in Human Centered Design and Engineering
Expected June 2018
GENERAL ASSEMBLY | User Experience Design Program
New York, NY
WIDENER UNIVERSITY | Master of Education in Higher Education Leadership
KENYON COLLEGE | Bachelor of Arts in International Studies and Spanish Area Studies, Latin America Concentration